- A Shock Tube Study of the Enthalpy of Formation of OH
- CH2O and HCO Chemistry
- FM Spectroscopy of NH2 and NOx Chemistry
- Gasoline Surrogate and Single Component Ignition Times for HCCI Conditions
- High Temperature Oxidation of Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Low-Temperature Ignition Studies in Hydrogen
- Rate Constant Measurements for Reactions of OH with Organic Compounds
- Alkane Decomposition Using Laser Absorption of CH3
- Soot Formation in Heptane-Air and Heptane-DME-Air Mixtures
- Study of the Oxidation of Branched Alkanes
Hanson Group, Stanford University
Research: Chemical Kinetics
Summaries of Current Research
Fundamental Kinetics Database Utilizing Shock Tube Measurements
- GO TO THE DATABASE
- The Fundamental Kinetic Database Utilizing Shock Tube Measurements Database summarizes the published shock tube experimental work performed under the supervision of Prof. Ronald K. Hanson of the Mechanical Engineering Department at Stanford University. The database covers the years from 1974 to 2013 inclusively. The database is divided into three types of data: ignition delay times, species time-history measurements, and reaction rate measurements. Volumes are in DOCX format and data tables in the volumes can be easily cut and pasted into separate user spread sheets.
- Volume 1 of the Fundamental Kinetic Database Utilizing Shock Tube Measurements includes a summary of the ignition delay time data measured and published by the Shock Tube Group in the Mechanical Engineering Department of Stanford University. The cut-off date for inclusion into this volume was January 2005.
- Volume 2 includes a summary of the species concentration time-histories. The cut-off date for inclusion in this volume was December 2005. Some of the figures embedded in this DOCX file can be opened using ORIGIN software. The data in this volume is available in tabular form in the accompanying ZIP file or in this volume.
- Volume 3 includes a summary of the reaction rate measurements. The cut-off date for inclusion in this volume was January 2009.
- Volume 4 includes a summary of the ignition delay time data. The start data for inclusion into this volume is January 2005 (the cutoff date for Volume 1) and the cutoff date is January 2014.
- Volume 5 includes a summary of the species concentration time-histories. The cut-off date for inclusion in this volume was January 2014. The format of this volume differs from that of Volume 2 in that we have not included the data files. Some of this data is available in the relevant papers and some of the data files may be accessible by contacting Dr. David Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Much of this data was used for reaction rate constant determinations and the mixtures in the experiments reflect this use; the mixtures were designed to isolate or enhance the sensitivity of the measured species to a particular reaction rate constant.
- Volume 6 includes a summary of the reaction rate measurements. The cut-off date for inclusion in this volume was January 2014.
- GO TO THE DATABASE